BANNER CREDITS: RITUPARNA CHATTERJEE
A woman with the potential to make it big. It is not that she cannot: she simply will not.
PHOTO CREDITS: ANIESHA BRAHMA
The closest anyone has come to being an adopted daughter.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Towel Day is back!


There is not much to say here, mostly because I have whiled away a year doing no writing, mostly because of the whooshing sounds those deadlines made as they flew by.

Of course, I tried. I tried as hard as Electric Monks on bored horses do on rocky promontories; or perhaps harder.

I admit that I did not sit on a Chesterfield sofa this year; or ever. My only trip to Lord’s was ages back. And it is extremely unlikely that I will ever combine the two.

I tried to acquire a relevant towel this year but could not find any, so I guess I have to do with a regular one; maybe in 2018. I tried, of course.

I tried to solve this. I even tried just potatoes, and at times, unjust potatoes. Nothing worked.

I know this is a matter of gravity, but I whiled away my time thinking about cat-flaps. Mostly cat-flaps.

Of course, I did not hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, let alone win through.

But I do know where my towel is.


Have an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers