- Mango isn't my most favourite fruit any more. It's orange.
- The hoarding count I've seen before this KMC election exceeds any that I've seen before.
- This is the hottest summer I've spent in Kolkata.
- I still prefer Asterix to Calvin and Hobbes (comment made after reading Yukon Ho!).
- It used to take me forty minutes to return home from work on foot ten years back; it takes me anything between forty-five minutes and fifty minutes now. However, I carry a laptop these days.
- All of a sudden most of the leading cricketers in the world are actually younger than me.
- The Lava A9 cellphone commercials they showed during the recently concluded world cup are among the most irritating I've ever seen.
- Minimising all windows, reaching the desktop and hitting F5 repeatedly doesn't get me any closer to meeting deadlines.
- Gawar phali (cluster beans), with it's wild aroma and flavour, tastes better than French beans.
- The older you get, you more you crave for your school days.
- Gunda is the best movie ever made in the history of mankind. It's actually better than Godfather, Forrest Gump and Pather Panchali put together.
- T20 remains my second-favourite sport, but I'm not sure for how long.
- adidas has definitely sponsored Bumm Bumm Bole.
- A re-watch of the India vs Australia 2000-01 series still gives me goosebumps.
- Parle Marie is an obscene name for a brand. If you're not Bengali, don't bother about the explanation.
- Chitrangada Singh looks fabulous in a sando genji.
BANNER CREDITS: RITUPARNA CHATTERJEE
A woman with the potential to make it big. It is not that she cannot: she simply will not.
PHOTO CREDITS: ANIESHA BRAHMA
The closest anyone has come to being an adopted daughter.