BANNER CREDITS: RITUPARNA CHATTERJEE
A woman with the potential to make it big. It is not that she cannot: she simply will not.
PHOTO CREDITS: ANIESHA BRAHMA
The closest anyone has come to being an adopted daughter.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The elevated error

I've never really heard John Arlott live. After all, he had quit commentating when I was three. All my information on Arlott is really what I have obtained from his quotations available in various books and the internet. Naturally I was intrigued to see that he had a Cricinfo profile.

Highly informative, they are, Cricinfo profiles. The last paragraph of this one, for example, had enlightened me about the role he had played in (probably) ensuring the seamless operation of elevators at Lord's. I was impressed - apart from being arguably The Greatest Voice of the Game and one of the best experts known on wine, he had other attributes too. I was remarkably impressed.
Click on the image if you're more optically challenged than me
Perhaps the biggest blessing of the computer and internet revolution is the ability of a single typo to bring a smile to millions of faces around the world irrespective of their mood. Awesome. :)

2 comments:

Followers