BANNER CREDITS: RITUPARNA CHATTERJEE
A woman with the potential to make it big. It is not that she cannot: she simply will not.
PHOTO CREDITS: ANIESHA BRAHMA
The closest anyone has come to being an adopted daughter.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

pepsi

I'm craving for pepsi right now. Not Pepsi, but pepsi. The ones they used to sell outside my school and college in long plastic tubes. The ones whose end you had to cut with your teeth and suck. The ones with long ice cylinders at their centre. The ones that used to cost 50 paise apiece (one rupee for my favourite milk-flavoured one). The ones whose thoughts bring me memories of my childhood and adolescence. The ones that have represented the best years of my life. The ones my parents always asked me not to have, especially since I had typhoid, but were so irresistible that I never cared to listen to them.

I'm craving for that pepsi. Where can I get one?

PS: And oh, why are they called pepsis?

8 comments:

  1. Ekhono bikkiri hoy kono non- hifi school er shamne, tharmocol e rbakshe kore, shei pepsiwala. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja bolechho...Swad er prosne baro PEPSI kintu chhoto pepsi'r kachhe har manbe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prosno holo egulor naam hathat "pepsi" keno?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come to Mumbai...Will buy you LOTS... Promise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you'll get them near vivekananda park. dupurer dik ta.
    othoba lokkhikantopur local. saradin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Canning local-e peye jaabi...tarpor hospital jaowar ekta chance thhakte paare....chinta korish na, ami toke dekhte ashbo..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. u know i never liked cold drinks neither this sachet pepsi as u may call it too. so nothing much to say but shottyi ei kothata true je ei shob jinish guloi purono din gulo ke mone koriye dae

    ReplyDelete
  8. eikhaney pepsi-ta bodhoy popsicle/pop theke derived. ice pop boley wiki search korey dekhte paro.

    ReplyDelete

Followers